Mini Cherry Cupcake Pies! (recipe/tutorial)
- actually you can make the filling in fruit flavor u want!
I need cupcake pies in my life.
I NEED FRUIT!
Via The Knitty Ditty
I just made liver snaps (for the dogs) for the first time. I had to chop the chicken livers before putting them in the blender and liquifying them. They just feel weird.
I like eating liver, but I’ve never dealt with it before it is cooked. It is weird…
As someone who goes through a lot of eggs, I think this is fantastic. I would love to see eggs in the grocery store in cartons that make less waste.
This recipe is for Dulce de Leche (or Confiture de Lait in French) from whole milk. I CAN NOT wait to try this. I may have to try Dulce de Leche from condensed milk first to have a comparison though.
These are one of my favorite things to make.
I have been thinking about making a cherry pie, but pitting the cherries without a pitter was one of the things holding me back.
You can tell I use a cookbook a lot by the number of sticky notes in it. These are much prettier than sticky notes.
This was my contribution to our Vappu dinner. It was super easy.
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I got to use our home-made extract)
- Lots of oil for frying
- Mix the eggs and sugar (don’t beat, just break the yolks and mix)
- Add in the other ingredients and mix until smooth-ish batter is achieved
- Pour the batter into a plastic bag. This can get very messy. I encourage you to get someone to hold the bag open while you pour so you don’t get batter all over your counter.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or sauce pan over medium-high or high heat.
- Snip a small corner of your plastic bag.
- Squeeze the batter into the hot oil in a “nest.” You are shooting for something fist sized with open bits. See this picture.
- Once the in-oil side gets golden brown, flip it over to let the other side get golden brown.
- Put on paper towels to drain.
- Traditionally, you sprinkle it with powdered sugar, we added some cinnamon to the powdered sugar and it was de-lish.